Service Technician Automotive
Last Day to Apply: December 31, 2019
Service Technician – Automotive
Skilled technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. At McKinney Volkswagen, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. We are seeking an energetic, multi-tasking, organized, personable, hard-working Technician to join the McKinney Volkswagen award winning service team.
The ideal canidate will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
- Examine and diagnose vehicles.
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor.
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor.
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman.
- Provide labor time estimates to service advisor.
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly.
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation.
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs.
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees.
- Attend company and factory training.
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste).
Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge of automotive electrical and mechanical systems utilized to repair vehicles.
- Proficient in using computerized repair systems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pased work environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong communication, organizational skills and detial oriented.
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer serive.
- Ablity to stand, squat, kneel and lift up to 70lbs.
- High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License
Compensation is based on experience and is one of the top in the industry.
We strive for a superior customer experience and believe our Technician should have the same superior working experience. We believe in building a long term relationship with each Technician offering the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
Randall Reed’s World Class Automotive Group also offers educational and long term career assistance:
- New hire orientation
- OJT on the job training
- Manufacturer’s certification processes
- Soft skills / work process training
- Established career paths to achieve