Heavy Vehicle Service Technician
Heavy Vehicle Service Technician - Planet Commercial Service - Humble, Texas
The All-New State-of-The-Art Planet Commercial Service is NOW OPEN with more business than ever!
Want to be part of one of the largest award-winning organizations in Texas? We have a great team in place and looking for Technicians that have the skills and experience to work alongside some of the best and brightest team in the industry while earning top pay.
The Heavy Vehicle Service Technician performs maintenance, diagnostics and repair on a variety of different makes and models of medium/ heavy duty vehicles.
- Perform heavy equipment maintenance activities including installation, repair, trouble-shooting, diagnostics, and preventive maintenance
- Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the Service Writer and Parts team to ensure optimal efficiency
- Provide input and data for processing work orders, invoices, equipment repair records, and activity reports
- Maintain organized and safe work area and shop tools.
- Maintain a high level of integrity while performing the day to day maintenance.
- It is important that you are a team player who can share their knowledge and cross train into other aspects of our industry.
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of One (1) years of experience in medium/ heavy duty automotive/truck maintenance and repair OR completion of accredited vocational technical school program
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair
- Have prior knowledge of engine, transmission, brake, and suspension repairs in the medium/ heavy or a good knowledge of electrical and air systems.
- Automotive transmission experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing vehicles and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information
Experience & Education
- Minimum one (1) years of heavy vehicle maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- ASE certifications is a plus, but not required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, push, and pull
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Assist in lifting up to one hundred (100) pounds
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and drug test
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.