Service Technician - Quick Lane, Spring, TX
QUICK LANE, SPRING, TX - SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The Largest 28 Bay Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center is Expanding!
Seeking Quick Service Technicians for High Volume Service Center!
Why wait to make a career out of doing what you love? Are you are wanting to excel as an automotive technician, working at an independent oil change business with limited opportunities, we want to talk to you! Some of our best master technicians started as quick lube technicians. If working on vehicles gets your gears moving, don’t wait, join an incredible award-winning organization today! Apply Now!
Responsibilities and Qualifications
As a quick service lube technician, the quality and efficiency of your work speaks volumes to the thousands of customers we serve. It’s your responsibility for quickly, and accurately inspecting vehicles and thoroughly performing maintenance and services. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, and ensure customers receive consistent, timely and accurate service.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentials, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must be able to manage in a fast-paced work environment with limited supervision
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a high customer service mentality
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate various makes and models as well as automatic and standard transmission automobiles
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
In order for you to be your best for our customers, you have to be healthy, financially-secure and continue to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. We are committed to helping you achieve these goals through our competitive benefits program!
- Aggressive, competitive weekly pay
- 401k plans with company matching program for most full-time team members
- Health care – medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts on service and cars
- Paid training and educational career path tool to assist in career development
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Why Quick Lane Tire and Auto? We offer the advantages that only an award winning, volume selling automotive organization can. We are part of one of the largest Texas’ independent, Top 100 automotive groups in the United States. World Class Automotive operates numerous Quick Lane and dealerships across Texas - which means there are plenty of opportunities for career growth and development. Our competitive pay and benefits, training opportunities, and recognition programs make us an industry leader. To find out more, visit us at: www.SpringQuickLane.com.
APPLY TODAY: Quick Lane Service Technician - Spring, TX
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.