Service Advisor - Planet Ford - Spring
Job Purpose: Provide superior Customer Service to our Service Department customers. Ability to communicate effectively, and ensure customers receive consistent, timely and accurate service. Must have a strong ability to sell. Ability to work using a computer. Ability to remain calm and handle stressful situations. Excellent interpersonal skills which demonstrate a customer service-oriented attitude. Must be able to work with and assist all types of personalities and constituencies.
- Greet customers and receive the vehicle information.
- Clearly explain any repair information to the customer, and readily take in the requests of the customer for specific services desired.
- Sell vehicle repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Estimating both time for repair and cost, while considering the schedule of the customer.
- Maintaining high satisfaction through the handling of customer complaints.
- Ensure maintenance of all files required to meet and/or exceed government and factory requirements
- Ability to identify the problem quickly.
- Good knowledge of automobiles.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Effective people skills
- Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills
- Leadership quality
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Must hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in automotive industry preferred
- Superior customer interaction skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.